Template repo to quickly set up an opinionated, strict config, typesafe Next.js project.
Get started with create-crash-app by running
Table of contents
What is the Crash Stack?
The "Crash Stack" is a web development stack focused on simplicity and a clean developer experience. It consists of:
- A custom ESLint config (based on Airbnb's config) - for tightened up code.
- A ready-to-use folder structure (based on React's recommendations) - for clean file organization.
- Husky - for improved Git commits.
- Next.js - for a solid React.js framework.
- Firebase - for a simple BaaS.
- TypeScript - for typesafety.
There's definitely a good bunch of us who love TypeScript, Next.js, and the Firebase suite. But of course, you don't need these technologies for every project.
To be frank - this is an opinionated project. After working on several projects, I've got a handful of core beliefs around building React.js apps.
create-crash-app to do one thing: Simplify the process of spinning up a TypeScript/Next.js/Firebase app with a strict config. This is NOT an all-inclusive template and you should definetly add your own libraries if need be.
To get started with
create-crash-app, click the Use this template button at the top of the page. Once you've cloned the repo locally, run the following command:
Want to beef this template up more? Feel free to contribute to this project by opening an issue or PR.